My Synthesis Series of rods is complex yet uncomplicated. These blanks are made domestically here in the US for me, to my exact specifications. A technologically advanced fusion of parabolic and progressive fly rod tapers, blending my two previous series of rods without watering down the effectiveness and feel. Making use of advanced compound tapers, seamless and functional tip over butt ferrules and traditional e-glass. Not necessarily progressive or parabolic, the best of all synthesized into a new classic.
Smooth and unhurried with quick recovery. Responsive tip, mid and butt sections. You feel the cast and the fish.
- 68: An 6'8" 3wt 3 piece I like to call the Blue Ridge Special. Small secluded mountain streams and brook trout.
- 72: A 7’2" 4wt 3 piece I like to call the Driftless Special. Delicate delivery and casting control.
- 79: A 7'9" 4/5wt 3 piece I like to call the General Practitioner. A general purpose trout rod. I will make this one with an extra tip on occasion and will also make a 5 piece travel version.
- 82: An 8'2" 4/5wt 4 piece rod I like to call the Tailwater Special. Long casts, tiny flies and ultimate control.
- 7-6: A 7’ 6wt 3 piece (black glass). This is my infamous Lil Stiffy, previously a limited edition rod I designed for small water, big fly big fish rod. The unique rod taper provides an incredible ability to shoot and control line that leaves plenty of room for big and little fish feel and control.
- 777: A 7’7” 7wt 3 piece rod I call the Jackpot. A bass rod I designed to pull big fish out of heavy cover. Suitable for fishing mangroves, salt ready.
- 8-6: An 8' 6wt 3 piece. Hex hatch in Michigan or Smallmouth in Virginia. Big brother to the Lil Stiffy. Yellow.
- 868: The 8’6” 8/9wt 4 piece. A saltwater flats worthy rod. Lighter than you think possible with superior accuracy and distance control.
See chart below for further details and pricing.
- Snake Brand light wire Universal Guides in their new ECOating bright or darkened
- Classic and durable Mildrum carbide stripping guides
- Custom designed brass and nickel silver reel seat hardware made by Masatoshi Okui of KINEYA Reels
- Flor Grade Portuguese cork grips and seats. Ventilated grips available on most rods.
- The fine Pearsall's Gossamer and Kimono silk wrappings
- Marine grade spar varnish
- Mill finish aluminum tube with domed brass ends
- Custom designed rod sock
- Optional wood and micarta seat inserts, accents and downlocking seats also available.
- Possibilities are limitless so please contact me to talk over options